Sunday, April 28, 2013

WMS CASE Flower Show card #2



I created my first card last week and have been thinking that I wanted to have another go with a different card to case.

So, first I figured out that I wanted to use the 2011 Holiday Ornaments because I had this vision that I could turn the ornament into a "tulip" like flower.  After I stamped the ornament and clear embossed it, I cut it out sort of along the center to create the two outer petals of the tulip.  The with some glossy accents I stuck the petals on and then trimmed it down to my liking.  Not a perfect tulip, but I like the way it looks.

With that done, I decided I would CASE (Copy and Share Everything) Debbie Olson, you can find her card here.   I loved looking through her blog!  Here's a picture of her card.

WM_Cp_Sp_DO3a

She did some sewing and coloring with Copic Markers, but I stuck with straight stamping and using a white colored pencil to do my sewing...I'm not good with needles or thread of any kind. 

Here's the card I created and you could maybe use it even for Christmas...yikes it has even warmed up and I'm saying that word.  Although I think I'm going to use it for Mothers day.

 
 
Supplies:  PTI paper, Memento Black Ink, Versamark, SU Cherry Cobbler, clear embossing powder.  Stamps, Sewing Box Christmas, 2011 Holiday Ornaments, Compact Sentiments Part II, Compact Sentiments Family, red ribbon, white colored pencil. Spellbinders die.

2 comments:

  1. A super take on Debbie's card. I love the flower you've made and that sentiment is just fab!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautifully colored flower!!

    ReplyDelete