Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Happy Anniversary and new technique





I recently signed up for Clean and Simple Online Card Class 3.  One of the first lessons they had was creating a Faux layered diecut to make a one layer card.  Oh, that's the one I had to try and it's really the only one out of 11 lessons that I've been able to accomplish.  Ok so it's not really layered but it is pretty cool how they lined up so easily LOL.

March-Blog-Hop-Inspiration
When I saw Papertrey Inks challenge for the month it was the perfect opportunity to create something using this technique with bright cardstock and some shiny accents.


It's also my parent's 49th wedding anniversary so perfect time to also give them a homemade treat from their favorite (only) daughter.

The chevron stripes and sentiment are from MFT Stamps but the paper is all Papertrey ink.  I really love their cardstock.  I used the chevron die and cut strips of individual colors and adhered them to some plain copy paper and pieced them into the card front.  I used another piece of cardstock on the inside of the card to hide the messy gluing I had done.  No one will notice now...

I'm so looking forward to trying the other techniques this class had to offer.  Also hoping these bright colors help to hurry Spring along.  It's still so cold here in Western NY.


3 comments:

  1. Great card. Love those colors and stripes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great colors and chevron accenting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW!! I LOVE this!! Such a FUN Card Design and I LOVE your take on the challenge!! THANKS so much for sharing and have a FABULOUS WEEK!! =)

    ReplyDelete