Sunday, February 3, 2013

DIY Washi Tape Monday Make Challenge



You can find information regarding this challenge at Waltzingmouse Stamps Blog.  There is also another challenge for February coming up that entails the use of doilies.  Hmm, so many things you could do with those.  I have so many ideas in my head, I don't know where to start.

Well, going to try my hand at making some washi tape using masking tape.  I really liked using distress ink on the tissue paper.  I tried my copics, but didn't think the color was vibrant enough.  I wanted to use bright yellow, flowers and butterfiles because I'm so ready for Spring.  After a 10 day vacation in the Southern Carribean, it feels really cold back home.  Why couldn't I have stayed for the winter, oh yeah, who would support that habit let alone my crafting habits.

If you'd like to try your hand at this, visit the Waltzingmouse blog for some great insturctions.
 http://waltzingmouse.blogspot.com/.  There's plenty of other great information there as well.

I tried making a few different pieces and liked the one that is framing the top and bottom of this card the best.  I used squeezed lemonade to color the tissue paper, then stamped from the heirloom patterns stamps in pacific blue, and stamped the solid hearts in the circle using Earth Angel and poppy red.

I couldn't decide if I wanted to use the angel or not and decided to go with the butterflies as they are easier for me to color for some reason.  I used one wing and stamped it twice slightly overlapping to make the butterflies look like they were flying.  Then colored them in with copices and sprayed them with Goosebumps. 

I used the flower stamps from Papertrey Ink as it was solid colored and stamping different colors worked for me.  I stamped them across the center of the card and ended with the Happy Birthday greeting also from Earth Angel.  I outlined the flowers with a glue pen and added some sparkle with glitter!  They make them pop out a bit more.

One birthday card down, next a christmas card, then valentines day, boy am I going to be busy.


Supplies Used:

Stamps:  Waltzingmouse Heirloom Patterns, Earth Angel.  Papertrey Ink, Flower Fusion #6.
Ink:  SU Poppy Red, Pacific Blue.  Tim Holtz Distress ink Squeezed Lemondae. Amuse Studio inks, bubblegum and apricot
Paper:  Papertrey Ink, Vintage Cream, Lemon Tart  and Blue Doily from My Minds Eye.
Miscellaneous:  Yellow button from MFT, adhesive dots and rhinestone, goosebump texture spray, foam dimensionals. 

4 comments:

  1. I think your little Earth Angel butterflies are just adorable! I do like your patterned Washi tape - very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those sweet butterflies, Karen! I always end up making an angel with that set but you've inspired me to finally do butterflies next. That WASHI! What a creative pairing of the cane print and the hearts! Totally original and it looks amazing. The colors are making me smile on this chilly day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty! Lovely colours, and I love those sweet little butterflies!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I love your double stamped washi tape, what a neat pattern you made!! Thanks so much for playing along with me Karen!

    ReplyDelete